Last Updated: 7/6/2020 at 12:30 PM MT
At this time all departures after June 5th, 2020 are on track and running.
One of the safest places you can be during these challenging times is in the great outdoors, and here at Western Spirit, we have been working hard to support everyone who wants to get outside. As our return guests know, we have many procedures in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have updated these for this challenging time.
Updated Trip Protocols
- Guests will be asked to complete a health and travel survey regarding their health and recent travel and exposure possibilities. Issues that arise will be addressed through re-scheduling.
- Guests and guides with any symptoms the week before the trip will be asked to reschedule.
- Guests will be asked to sign an additional WSC COVID Acknowledgement of Risk that will explain the procedures below, request compliance, and address exposure.
- We have secure parking locations at all of our trip departure & drop-off locations for personal vehicles.
2. Daily Procedures / No Communal Touch Points:
- Touch only your personal gear
- Guides will wear gloves when handling guest gear and bikes
- Items previously available to all guests will all be personalized - nothing on the trip will be touched by all guests ie, waters spigots, food items, food service items, etc.-
- Snack Bin items will be distributed by guides several times during the day
- Water will be available via foot pumps at all times
- Restroom procedures will be adjusted via full cleaning between uses and a personalized toilet pack for each guest (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, wipes, and Clorox wipes).
- Social distancing (6ft) will be implemented
- Chairs will be set up 6ft apart
- Tents will be set up at least 25-feet apart
- High traffic areas, such as visitor centers or popular trailheads, will be avoided. Itineraries are subject to minor adjustments in order to avoid such locations.
3. Mealtime Procedures
- Guides will be responsible for serving all meals, snacks, and appetizers, and desserts. Individual plates/bowls/utensils will be used.
- We use a 4 bin dishwashing system. All dishes and utensils are sanitized in this process.
- Guides are certified Safe Food Handlers and have been trained to National Park Standards which include virus awareness techniques.
- Guides will wear gloves, and change gloves as necessary to avoid any cross-contamination
- If a line forms at mealtime, guests will be required to stand 6ft apart.
- Drinks will be distributed from the cooler by guides w/ a gloved hand.
4. Shuttling Procedures
- All passengers in shuttle vans will wear masks.
- In case you do not have your own mask, Western Spirit will supply a facemask.
- When possible guest vehicles will be incorporated into shuttle plans to minimize van time.
- Guides will have hand sanitizer/ hand wash available before entering the vehicle
5. Between Trips
- Surfaces in shuttle vans are completely sanitized and cleaned between trips.
- In addition to sanitization, there will be at least a 60-72 hr “rest period” for vans between uses.
- All equipment is completely cleaned and sanitized between trips.
- Rental camping gear will have a 72 hour rest period in between use, as well as be fully sanitized and washed.
- Bikes are tuned, as well as washed and sanitized.
- Kitchen equipment and coolers are all sanitized.